Vehicle Impound Expired Registration
If you are taking the time to read this post, your vehicle is more than likely in the impound lot because it was towed for expired registration. The law enforcement agencies enforce the law vigorously, which leads to you being stranded without your vehicle. The Tag Shop and its crew are vehicle registration experts. We can help you get your car from the tow yard and will ensure you pay the cheapest registration fee’s to do so.
Car Towed For Expired Registration Failed Smog
More times than not the motorist has paid the registration fee’s but could not complete the vehicle registration because the vehicle has failed the smog check inspection. If this is the case, we can get you an operating permit to retrieve your vehicle from the impound lot for $39.00. Imagine not having to stand in line at the DMV San Diego and being able to get your towed car out impound in minutes. This is possible when you skip the line, at The Tag Shop.
Car Towed For Suspended Drivers License
Sometimes we are all forced to do things we do not want to do. Driving on a suspended or expired drivers license is one of them. When law enforcement pulls you over and tows your vehicle for having a suspended drivers license you will be lucky if the police do not put a 30 day hold on your car. This means your vehicle is going to stay in the impound lot for 30 days as punishment for driving on a suspended license. If you can prove the vehicle is a necessity to the family or it is owned by someone other than you, they may be able to convince the tow officer to release the car early. If you need a notarized letter to have someone pick your car up from the impound lot The Tag Shop DMV San Diego can assist you with this.
Locate Towed Car
If your vehicle has been towed and you need to locate the vehicle please keep this in mind. The city in which your vehicle was towed has to notify law enforcement that your vehicle was impounded. For example, if you are in National City when your car gets towed for expired registration then you will need to contact the National City Police Department. Below is the list to locate which tow company has impounded your vehicle.
- San Diego Police Department
- San Diego Sheriff’s Department
- National City Police Department
- El Cajon Police Department
- California Highway Patrol
- Chula Vista Police Department
- (619) 691-5151
- California DMV Customer Service Number
- San Diego DMV (Normal St)
- 3960 Normal St
- San Diego, CA 92103
- State Issued Valid Drivers License
- Military ID
- Registration Card (Valid) or Incomplete DMV application with trip permit, will suffice.
Car Towed From Apartment Complex
- The are many towing companies in San Diego and only a handful actually have a contract with law enforcement to tow your car. The exception to this rule is if your vehicle is towed by what is know as a Private Property Impound. A Private Property Impound(PPI) occurs when a private party requests the vehicle be towed. This happens a lot in apartment complexes. If your vehicle has expired registration and is parked in your apartment complex the apartment manager can direct your vehicle be towed because of the expired registration.
- It is a good idea if your car registration is expired to make sure you check with the apartment complex management to see if they will tow your vehicle for expired registration. The State of California gives you 6 months before they will tow your car for expired registration. Private Property Impounds can and will tow you car if your vehicle registration is expired even if it is expired for 1 day. Sometimes it is best to park your car on the public street where it can not be towed away because of the registration violation. Most people would take a fix it ticket any day over having to pay hundreds of dollars to get their vehicle out of the impound lot.